Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Our little sitter

Donovan has discovered a new skill, sitting! As I have posted in the past, Donovan has been a great sitter on your lap but when you put him on the floor, he would immediately throw himself back so he could be on his back, which would then allow him to roll where he wanted to go. He just had no interest in sitting. My dad said he had a "round butt" when we would try to make him sit on the floor. Donovan stayed pretty firm on his "no sitting" stance until Thursday Oct 29th when he decided that this sitting wasn't all that bad after all. It was almost overnight that he went from no sitting by himself, to sitting pretty well by himself. Now he is practically a pro! The first picture I attached is from Nov 3rd and that was probably the last day I felt it necessary to put a pillow behind him for fall cushioning purposes. For about a week now we just put him in the sitting position and are able to walk away and leave him sitting there by himself without fear of him crashing and burning. He sits for a long time, up to 25 min at a time sometimes, before he gets bored and decides to do some rolling. It was really fun watching him learn how to throw his arms out to catch his balance when he was just starting to sit on his own and now, he reaches for toys and flaps his arms all around and still keeps centered. He is getting so big! And as an added bonus, since he has mastered sitting unaided, we have moved up to the inflatable bath tub. The first time we used it he was a little unsure if he was going to like it, so he fussed until all the water was out and I was going to pick him up, and then he loved it! Since then he has had 3 more baths and loved each one. This last time we took some pictures. He just gummed his toys and splashed and had a big ole' time! Oh yeah and one more perk of sitting, today Donovan graduated to sitting in the shopping cart when we went grocery shopping together. I don't have a picture of that unfortunately (well, other than on my cell phone I should say) but trust me when I say we both enjoyed it very much. He was very well behaved and entertained himself with his toys and looking at all of the groceries and I enjoyed not having a backache after carrying him around the store strapped onto my chest. Enjoy the pics!

First picture I took of him sitting really well.


Happy Blues fan sitting like a big boy on Nov 8th.



Enjoying his new bath. Man that octopus tastes good!


This picture cracks me up because you can't tell but he is holding the octopus in his mouth and reaching for more toys to eat.


This picture is for my parents, see... Donovan does close his mouth on occasion.


Splish, splashing!


He loves his bath!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for sitting! He's getting so big! It was so good to see you guys over the weekend. Let's not make it so long next time.

    ReplyDelete