Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rough start to the day

Every morning one of the first things Donovan and I do after he wakes up for good is take Petey outside so he can do his doggy stuff. Lately since the weather has been nice Donovan wants you to put him down so that he can crawl on the sidewalk (but not the grass, that is yucky). Today he crawled from our front step all the way to our neighbor's driveway before I redirected him. As he was crawling back to our house, when he was about 4 feet away from the front step he tripped and caught himself with his face on the driveway. I saw the whole thing and he wasn't going as fast as he usually does and it didn't look like it was that hard but I could tell from the way he lifted his head that he was about to start wailing. I could see a little slobber on the driveway so I knew he hit his mouth but only when I went to pick him up and comfort him did I see he was already bleeding! Poor little guy! So I took him inside and washed it up but took some pictures of the injury for posterity sake.

Right after the injury. Pardon the snotty mess, he has a cold too.


Cleaned up but still looking pretty sad. Top lip still fat and bruised.

No comments:

Post a Comment