Sunday, September 8, 2013

Vacay recap- Days 3-6

Day 3:
Saturday we got up early (shocker) and headed to White water, the water park in Branson. We got there right as they opened the gates and stayed for several hours. The kids had a blast this year (minus mom forgetting the water wings forcing them to use the hugely uncomfortable life jackets on the lazy river and wave pool). The parents had a blast this year too! Grandparents took first shift watching the shrimps play in the kiddie area (pictured below) while us big kids (Jenna, Tom and I) went and rode all the slides before the lines got bad.  Then we traded out and my dad and Tom took Donovan down a couple slides he could do while the girls stayed back. I took Reese to the wave pool and she asked to get out approx 10 times and clung to me like a baby monkey. It was not her fav. So back to the kiddie area she went and her and Dono went down the slides like they were getting paid for it. Tom and I LOVED it because we didn't have to be right next to Reese the whole time like we had to last year. We just sat on the side with our feet in the water and got to be relaxed spectators. This is the life!


Reese coming out of one of the slides in the kiddie area.
After lunch back at the condo and naps, we got ready for the event I have been looking forward to for 2 years. Dixie stampede! For those of  you not in the know, it is a dinner show, where you eat mass quantities of food (all with your fingers, no utensils) and get to watch horses and ostriches and bison even run around in the ring in front of you while you stuff yourself. We did not go last yr as I thought Reese would ruin it so this year was the big test. The kids loved it!!! I think Reese more so than Dono as he was real concerned with what was gonna happen at all times. I think he will love the second time more knowing that no scary things happen. Unfortunately no cameras are allowed in so no pictures of the kids enjoying the show.

Day 4, My birthday!
Sunday was my birthday and I was showered with gifts and cards and crazy kids. It was a great start to the day! Then we went to the Trout hatchery and fed the fish and checked out the snakes in the visitors center that Reese liked so much last year. It was HOT in the sun and we were happy to be done when all the quarters were used up and all the fish were fed. And more importantly, Reese did not try to jump in with the Trout this year! Progress!!!





Then it was back to the condo for some more swimming. Reese had thrown a massive "I got up too early" fit so she did not get to swim but then got to go back for the second swim of the day with us after Donovan had woken up from his post swim nap. I love these pictures my dad took of the kids jumping in again.






I love this sequence because Donovan does not stop smiling, even after he jumps in the water.








 See! Still smiling!
After swimming we got ready and went back down to Branson Landing for my birthday dinner. I chose "Black Oak Grill" (it was recommended by the lovely in-laws) and everyone had a great time with great food. Donovan even discovered he likes Salmon (a lot!!).  Then it was ice cream at Andy's and home for sleeping.

Day 5:

Monday was our last full day of vacation. We had decided that we were gonna try to spend the whole day at Silver Dollar City, and just let the kids take turns sleeping in the stroller there. We got there at 9:30ish when the park does not open until 10. We ate breakfast at the Bakery inside the park and then plotted our plan of attack. Tom and Jenna broke off immediately and went to the big roller coasters, hoping to get to finally ride the new wooden roller coaster they had been let down by on Friday due to mechanical issues. The kids, my parents and I hit the little petting zoo and then made our way to the kids area. My mom stopped to talk to a stranger (classic Patty) and lost the kids and I so we thought we would wait for my parents and ride on the carousel. Dono is usually not a fan but that day he told me, "I think I like it now" so we actually all 3 got to go and enjoy ourselves! Then it was to the measuring station for Reese where it was the big reveal! We tried her bigger tennis shoes that day too see if it would give her the 1/4 inch she needed to reach the 36 inch status and BINGO, it worked! I think the moment where the lady put the magical green bracelet on Reese's arm was my happiest moment of our super happy vacation. With that green bracelet she was free to ride all the rides she was coveting on Friday. Sadly watching Dono on the sidelines no more! She did the roller coaster, the elephants, both pirate ship rides and the tea cups with us. Then she got to do the big swings that her brother was even too scared for! This girl was up for anything!



We did the American Plunge again where Dono asked to be in the back so he could get the most wet. I am not sure if it worked but I do know that all of us got pretty dang soaked! Reese was on the ride too but you can't really see her peanut self as she in between my mom and I.



We ended up staying until the park closed that day! My mom and I even got to ride the new roller coaster and a few others while Reese slept in the stroller (she threw a fit and threw herself right into a nap). Everyone sans a sleeping Reese and my dad even did Thunder river (or whatever it is called there) and got thoroughly soaked. All in all it was an amazing day! And I forgot to mention, Donovan, Tom, Jenna and I even went through Marvel Cave! Donovan was all psyched to go and got about half way through the hour long tour and decided that he wanted to stop and turn around. He was pretty freaked because it is really dark and there is a ton of walking so I think he thought we were lost in the middle of the earth. We made it though though and Donovan ended up saying he really liked it (jury's still out if that is true or not). That night we just went back to the condo and relaxed from our 1400 plus steps we walked that day! Pizza and watching the kids play and crack each other up was the perfect end to a perfect day.

Day 6

The next day we had to be out at 10 so we got home around 2. Neither kid slept in the car on the ride home, I think they were just riding the wave of vacation still. We were all so sad to be headed back home. It was such an amazing vacation. I think the highlight for me was how well the kids got along. They played and got each other belly laughing every day. I felt so blessed to have spent that amazing week with my family. We are already excited and planning our next vacations for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment