Tuesday, January 19, 2010

9 month Dr's check up

Today we had Donovan's 9 month doctors visit. And the stats are... (drumroll please)

Head: 18 and a half inches- 95th percentile
Height: 29 and 1/4 inches- 92nd percentile
Weight: 22lbs- 88th percentile

The doctor was impressed when we told her that Donovan is crawling all over the place and pulling up and starting to cruise. Other than that the visit was very uneventful. Donovan would probably beg to differ though as he was traumatized from the shot and finger prick they had to do today. I think the worst part of the finger stick was that the nurse was restricting his hand for about a minute and he does NOT like it when he can't wiggle away. It was sad, he had multiple tears coming out of each eye. Not to worry though, 3 minutes after the pricks he forgot all about what had just happened. The nice part of the visit though was that Tom was able to leave work early so he was able to join us for only the second time since Donovan was born (since I work only 3 days a week I usually just take him myself early in the day). It was nice to have Tom there for help and extra moral support.

On a disappointing note todays visit pretty much confirmed what I have been thinking for a while now in that we need to find a different pediatrician. I chose our ped. as she was my sister and my ped. from when we were young until we turned 18. I remember thinking of her so fondly and I was so excited that we were going to use her for Donovan. However, ever since the first visit I feel like I leave there with more questions than I came with. I just don't think she listens as much as we need her too, especially about the sleep issues that we still have with Donovan. She has a quick answer for everything and it feels as though when you are trying to explain what is going on she starts talking over you to solve it before all the details are even discussed. And I always feel like our visit is rushed and I need more time. I have been feeling this way for a while but having Tom there and having him feel the same thing just solidified the fact that we need to find someone we love. There are plenty of pediatricians out there so there is no reason that we need to stay somewhere where we leave unhappy. Part of me is sad to leave her, but I think that we should love our ped. and as of now and the last 9 months, we don't. I would like to find someone we rave about to other people and that I want to take all of my future children too.

On a happier note here are some recent pictures of little man man...

Some playtime in his diaper.


Looking out the sliding glass door. I love how he sits back on his legs and just takes it all in.

Another extreeme close up. I get a lot of these since he tries to eat the camera every time I get it out.

This is my attempt to get a picture of Donovan croutching by his kitchen. His kitchen has a light and he croutches down (when he is standing) so that he can look up at it. It is so cute and he does it so controlled nowadays.

And finally, sometimes the best toys aren't toys at all.

1 comment:

  1. You are very correct, you need to really trust and like the ped that you willl be seeing for the next 16 to 18 years!

    ReplyDelete