Friday, January 29, 2010

Can you spot the difference?

Something is different with Donovan... can you spot the difference?

Although the overalls are new (and cute) that is not what I am talking about. The difference is that you are looking at the new proud owner of a TOOTH! Ok, so you can't see it (we barely can after wrestling with him) but it is exciting non-the less.

Donovan has been a little more cranky lately, nothing too big but we were attributing it to a cold that he caught last week. In the back of our minds we were hoping that part of the crabbiness was due to an erupting tooth but I could never feel any bumps or see any other warning signs and as I did not get my first tooth until 11 months, we were not holding our breath. Today I was off work and Donovan was a little crabbier than usual and was also really into chewing on anything hard he could get his hands on. So when we went downstairs to play in the afternoon I thought I would just see if I could feel any bumps on his gums and low and behold I felt something sharp! It is barely above surface level but it is through the gum so it is official. The left lower tooth has erupted! It will be quite sometime before we get a picture of it though so you will just have to take our word for it for now.

Here are some more pictures I took of Donovan tonight in is overalls with his new tooth.


Donovan likes to help his daddy play guitar. He's pretty good at it.

Mmmm. Guitars feel good on my new tooth!


PS. Donovan also stood for about 7 seconds without holding onto anything! He was chewing on a toy and didn't realize I had moved his support (my knee). As soon as he realized he wasn't near anything to catch himself he flopped down on his butt. Silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment