Wednesday, September 29, 2010

He just keeps getting bigger

Lately Donovan has been doing several things that make me realize that he is getting to be such a big boy. One is that he now tells us when he wants to eat by going over to his high chair and climbing up on it. It is nice in a way because we know for sure what he wants but it is also not nice because today he rocked his weight so much that he knocked the chair over on himself. He cried but he was not hurt and I am sure he did not learn any lesson from it. Here is Dono a couple mornings ago letting me know it was breakfast time.




He also has been insisting on drinking most of his water out of a regular cup. He does really well actually. Sometimes he even uses just one hand to hold the cup while he is drinking. The problem comes when he decides to shake the cup or run with the cup. He still doesn't understand that if it doesn't have a lid on it, you can't do that.

And lastly he now knows his name and points to pictures of himself (well, and some other kids too) and says "Dono". It is adorable! When I took those pictures of him climbing on his highchair he ran over to me after I took every one and said "Dono", meaning "Show me the picture of me mommy". How can you not oblige that? When we look at the professional pictures of us as a family (his newborn ones) Donovan points to everyone and tells us exactly who we are. "Dada" Momma" "Dono". Man I love this kid.

I don't want to jinx anything but it looks as though the terrible two's phase left as fast as it came. For the past week and a half Donovan has been the cutest and sweetest little boy. And thank the Lord for that! I was NOT ready for the terrible two's yet that is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment