Friday, September 3, 2010

Things we have been doing lately

1) Going to Suson Park
I don't have any pictures from the actual trip, just the coming and going as I had no idea if Donovan would even tolerate being there for a few minutes. You see one really mean mommy (me) pinched Donovan's finger between the car doors as we were leaving. I felt HORRIBLE and it was so pathetic how hard he cried and how he was trying to get away from his finger and the pain. He got over it in a few minutes, however he did not get over the injustice I forced upon him by making him wear a band-aid on that finger. This is the before Suson park picture of Dono yelling about his band-aid.



We had a great time at Suson. For those of you who don't know what it is, it is a free park with farm animals and a great playground. Dono loved looking at all the animals and had fun telling me what they all say. It was there I discovered he knows that a horse says "neigh", sheep say "baaa" and cows say "mooo". His favorite part was looking at all the ducks and geese, or ducks and ducks for us. He walked right up to them and tried to touch them but I didn't let him since he already had one injury for the day, we didn't need a duck bite too. I also had to be on constant alert because Donovan tried to jump into the lake about 16 times. Fun. Here is our happy and sweaty pic from after the visit.



2)Eating summer foods
Donovan cannot get enough of two main things, watermelon and chocolate shakes. He usually won't eat anything else after he sees the watermelon and will eat about a pound of it if you let him (and we often do). Here is Donovan shunning all other foods and stuffing in the watermelon.


"Cheese!"


As far as the shakes go, that's my fault. I love them and let Dono have a try once and from then on it was over. Now when I get one to share with him, he thinks he is being nice if he lets me get a few sips. And the night we took these pictures, we were sitting on the couch sharing it (after the pics) and Tom said "I am surprised he doesn't get a brain freeze" and about a minute later Donovan did a full body shiver which was scary at the time (because I have never seen him do that) but very funny looking back. We decided that meant he was done for the night with the shake. Next time he will have to have more than a diaper on when we drink our shake (he is wearing a diaper in the pics even though you can't tell).

"Ummm, could you please stop drinking my shake mom? I want it back"




3)Grant's farm
Today was a gorgeous day in St Louis. 70s and blue skies. Tom took the day off work and we went to Grant's farm together. Dono did a lot of the same as last time with Grandma and Grandpa B, refusing to walk and only wanting to ride in the stroller occasionally. That means mommy and daddy were holding him most of the time. And since he is still in a mommy phase, I got to hold him the most. He did go on a Carousel ride with daddy but I didn't get any good pictures because they were on the inside lane blocked by some other people. Oh well. His favorite part of the day was hanging out in the beer garden (shockingly, this was his daddy's favorite part too) and climbing up on a chair at a table next to the one Tom and I were sitting at. I guess you can never be too young to think your parents are uncool. He also really liked petting the clydesdales.

Checking out the Llamas.

Tom at his happy place.
Funny face. Something tells me this isn't the proper way to ride in a stroller.
Too cool for mom and dad. Two people came and sat at the table and he didn't care. He was like "I was here first!"
Petting the baby Clydesdales.

Trying to get closer to the big rig truck that he spotted.
Looking at the horses? No. Looking at the truck.
Finishing up the afternoon with some sprints up and down the fence. It took a big rig to get him out of our arms and happy about running around.

1 comment:

  1. Ellen I can't believe how big he is getting! He is such a handsome little guy! We should attempt a playdate soon!

    ReplyDelete