Friday, December 14, 2012

We are blessed

Not a day goes by that I don't think about how blessed Tom and I are. When sad things happen in the world it just amplifies that feeling. We are so lucky to have our wonderful children. Tonight we hugged them longer, took more pictures and enjoyed the laughter more. Here are some of my favorites from tonight.

Yes, you saw it correctly. Donovan was dressed in his Halloween costume tonight. For some reason, inspiration struck and he wanted to wear his costume. He even talked Reese into putting her's on. "Reese, do you want to wear your owl costume with me?"  He is showing his muscles in both these pictures.

Reese is trying to show her muscles in this one. Looks like we need to practice that one.

My favorite picture. It should be yours now too.

Spiderman was very busy. After sprinting around the house showing us how fast he was, he cooked himself and his sister dinner (chicken nuggies). And no, his eyes were not open in this picture because sometimes you smile so big and your eyes close, duh. 

After dinner was more running, a small collision with some injuries and blood, and then bath time. Donovan has recently become a big fan of laying on his back so his ears are under water, then starting a random conversation with you so he can hear himself and you talk. I love how much he loves it. I also love that Reese tries to do it too now, but I have to make sure to keep an eye on her and catch her head as she would go all the way under water if she slipped.


After bath was some you tube watching, snuggles and bed time. Donovan wanted to wear his Spiderman costume to bed, and had it on over his footie pajammies until he was brushing his teeth and changed his mind. A perfect night with my two babies. It is little nights like these that I am so thankful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment