Thursday, October 9, 2014

DAD POST: Conversations with Reese

So Ellen is out of town on her first ever, super important, high-class businesswoman work trip, which means it's single dad time all week! I was a tad nervous about it since she left Tuesday and won't be back until late night on Friday, but the children have been extremely good and we've been having a great time. So much so that Reese is actually talking to me! It's a breakthrough! Here are a few of the conversations we had just today.

In the car on the way home from school, talking about the big storm that rolled through last night:

Reese: Daddy, I like the color of lightning.
Daddy: Oh yeah? What color is lightning, Reese?
R: I don't know.
D: Is it white?
R: No.
D: I think it's kind of like a white light. Like a bright white light.
R: White light?
D: Yeah, don't you think it's like a white light?
R: No.
D: Well what color do you think it is then?
R: Thunder.

At home, talking about a nap:

Daddy: Reese, did you take a nap today?
Reese: Yes.
D: How long was your nap?
R: I don't know, I think for 55 hours.

At bedtime, discussing why I went and played hockey tonight:

Reese: Daddy, why did you leave and go play hockey tonight?
Daddy: I go and play hockey every Thursday night.
R: Why?
D: Because I like to play.
R: Why?
D: Because it's fun.
R: Oh, when I'm your age I'm going to play hockey for fun.

Little princess is currently asleep in her bed wearing her pink Blues jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment