Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rude




What evokes a fit like this you might ask? Well, how about the sad little boy's rude mother will not carry him everywhere she goes. And she has the nerve to walk away from him and try to do things, like get his lunch ready, without keeping him in her arms the entire time. Inexcusable.

Other things that might evoke the wrath of Sir Donovan:
1)Anyone leaving the room without permission
2)Someone wiping his face
3)Someone changing his diaper
4)Mommy taking her cell phone out of his mouth or away in general

There are many more but these seem to be the most serious offenses currently, if you ask Donovan that is. He is in a major mommy phase, which is lovely in many ways for me because I get lots of loving and Donovan time. But it also impedes my every day living activities. He literally starts to cry if I walk more than two feet away from him. Then the major tears and crying commences when I get about 3 feet away. So I try to walk very slow but he still isn't just happy to walk next to me, he wants to be carried. That is unless he wants to do something naughty (like eat mulch or walk into the street). Then he is like "See ya suckas!". But bottom line, any large movements without him in your arms have to be his idea. The good news is is that he gets over his fits pretty fast. Yesterday he got up too early for me so I let him play in his room while I laid on the floor and rested my eyes for a few more minutes. I closed his door so that he wouldn't be able to wander around in case I fell asleep. Well that was the WRONG thing to do. He was standing by the door, dropped to his butt and then put his face on his hand on the floor and screamed. So dramatic. 30 seconds later, he was bringing me a book to read, happy as can be, tears still wet on his cheeks. Oh to be a dramatic one year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment