Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bathroom buddy

Recently Donovan is really into imitating what you do and exploring big people activities, many of which center around the bathroom. Almost every day he goes into our bathroom and declares "teeth" or "water" which means I need to plop him down on the bathroom counter and let the water run over his feet in the sink as he brushes his teeth with Tom and my toothbrushes simultaneously. Then I usually take my toothbrush away and brush my own teeth with it while Donovan uses his daddy's. When I am almost done brushing my teeth Donovan starts bending over and spitting in the sink, like I am about to do. He's got it down... he waits til I am almost done brushing (so he knows the spitting goes at the end) and he bends over and acts like he is aiming the spit in the sink (he only spits air so it doesn't really matter).

He also likes to pretend to clean out his ears with q-tips and he was watching Tom get dressed on Saturday after his shower and saw Tom put deodorant on. Well then guess who had to put deodorant on. Donovan. He insisted I help him take his shirt off for proper deodorant application, but his aim was a little off. Rest assured folks, on Saturday, Donovan was neither smelly nor sweaty on the lower right and left side of his back. I helped him reach where it really goes and for several hours until the smell wore off, Donovan smelled like Old Spice, which I like, so no complaints here. I snapped some shots from Saturday's playing in the bathroom for everyone's viewing pleasures.

"Ummmm, what kind of goodies do you have for me in here dada?". This was a post deodorant application picture, hence the shirt off and deodorant on the floor.

Just tall enough to be a menace.
Truly one of my favorite things in life. Little kids on their tippy toes. Donovan has been walking on his a lot lately per my request(s) so hopefully I will get some video of how cute it is and post it for anyone who shares my affection for tippy toes.
We have extra big people toothbrushes and Donovan found the pack and wanted one. So I said, "Which one do you want? The green one, the purple one or the pink one?" and he said "Pink", so that's what he got. He doesn't know colors yet so I think he was just repeating whatever I said last but I went with it.
Another favorite thing to do in the sink is fill up a cup and drink from it.

Checking himself out/hamming it up in front of the mirror. If you were this cute you would too.

No comments:

Post a Comment