Saturday, June 25, 2011

1 month stats

Oops. I'm a little late (1 week and 2 days to be exact) on Reese's 1 month doctor's visit stats but here they are non-the-less.

Height-22 1/2 inches- 91st%
Weight- 10lbs 14 oz-89th%
Head circumference- 15 1/4 inches- 83rd%

The doctor looked Reese over and declared her healthy and had no concerns for her. When he asked about how feeding was going I mentioned the symptoms she had been experiencing and he said that it sounded like she had silent reflux. That is what I was thinking so it was nice he came up with the same conclusion I did without me telling him my opinion first. He told me to cut all spicy food out of my diet and to continue giving her the over the counter meds and see how it went and call him back on monday and see how she was doing because if she wasn't doing any better he wanted to put her on a prescription med. Well that night (thurs) it got worse and she was fighting me harder and harder and friday and saturday were worse still. Then saturday night she fought me so hard that she ended up throwing up her entire stomach's worth of breast milk all over me. I don't know if you have ever seen a 5 week old throw up, but it is scary. Poor girl was wiped out after it too. So after that I said enough was enough and called the doctor's exchange and they ended up calling in a prescription for Zantac for us.

So we have been on the Zantac since Sunday and it is definitely working, just not as night and day as I was hoping. She threw up once on Sunday again and (knock on wood) none since and overall the feedings are less drama and fighting. She seems to do the worse in the evening. I am thankful for the change I do see though because it was so sad to see her so panicky and having such a hard time eating. Obviously we were powering through it because she was gaining weight but it is still not fun to have to work that hard to get your child to eat. Plus no one wants to see their child in pain.

In more exciting news, Reese is sleeping so well!!!!! 2 and 3 nights ago she had a 6 hour stretch between her first night time feedings and last night she went 7 and a half! I am so happy and so proud of her! Especially since we had friends over last night and had such a great time that they did not leave until 1:30 am which means we probably didn't fall asleep until almost 2 am. I was sure she was going to get up any minute when I laid down but next thing I know it was 4 am. Then she ate, we were in bed again at 4:45am and she slept til 8am so even though I didn't go to bed til almost 2, I still ended up getting 5 hours of sleep over 2 stretches, which surprisingly has me feeling pretty good right now. I am going to try to get a nap in today so that will help too. So she was so nice to her crazy parents that were hanging on the deck and pretending that they were young again.

Also Reese is smiling a ton now and man is she cute! Donovan has really started to show an interest in her these past few days and it is so fun. He will often call for her, saying "Baby REEE-eessee". He wants to hold her and hug and kiss on her a lot now and has his stool right next to the pack and play so he can comment on her poopy diapers as he watches her get changed. Donovan is really into getting tucked in under his big blanket right now so he wants to tuck Reese in under her blankets, even if I have untucked her on purpose. Oh well, it's adorable.

Ok well better late then never. I need to post some video of and tell a story about Donovan and baseball soon so hopefully I will get to that in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment