Sunday, September 18, 2011

Staycation part 1

The Q family had us a Stay-cation this extended weekend. I was off for 5 days straight so Tom decided to take Friday and Monday off to give himself a nice little break from work too. So Friday we loaded up the car and took the kiddies to Grant's farm. The first time for Donovan this year and the first time for Reese ever. They loved it! (ok so I'm just guessing Reese did). Donovan loved the Tram, he was looking at all the animals, pointing at them and telling us all about them and and soaking it all in. Then we decided to try feeding the goats for the first time as I always thought he was a little to little for it. He took to it right away and wasn't afraid of them at all! He fed them from outside the gates at first, then I asked him if he wanted to go in with the goats and he said yes. So Tom took him in and he loved it. He walked from goat to goat, petting and bending down to hug them. I am so glad I got some video and pictures of it because it was adorable. This went on for about 10 minutes but then he got a little freaked out when I goat had his whole hand in his mouth. He also got to ride on the carousel and feed some geese and a llama and he loved that too! All in all a great day at Grant's farm! Without further ado, the pictures and video.

Pretty girl and her parents.


So excited for the tram ride.

Loving it.

Taking the goat feeding very seriously.

Headed in. This is where I thought he was going to turn right around and head for the hills.


"Oh look, this is great. I can pet them!"

"And hug them!"

Another goat in need of a hug.

Donovan kept calling to the llama "Come-mere mama, come-mere mama" when she was getting petted by other kids and Dono wanted to feed her. I tried to explain she was a "llama" and not necessarily a "mama" but he didn't care.





Then Sat we went to Greentree festival in Kirkwood which I have very fond memories of from when I was a kid. We missed the festival last year because I was working so I was really excited for this year. Donovan did great at the fair and even walked on his own through the crazy crowds for most of the time. He even helped me eat a funnel cake that nice young man. He was very well behaved which I am sure was helped by the fact we picked up a "really big" train for him. (it is a little bigger than all his other ones). That night Tom and I got to go on a date while Auntie Jenna watched both kids for us and they did pretty well for her, at least she didn't look terrified when we came home which was good since it was her first time with them both by herself.

Sunday we had our family friends over as well as Jenna and my parents. It was a good, low key rainy day so it was the perfect day for people coming over to our house. We were celebrating the August birthday's, which was for four of us, and Donovan took full advantage of the cake as evidenced by these pictures.




Today was a fun day too but it gets it's own blog post.

1 comment: