Monday, September 26, 2011

Our secret handshake

My whole life I have been jealous of people that have elaborate high five/handshake things going on. I always wanted someone to have something fun and personal like that with. Well my dream has come true, but instead of a secret handshake, it is a series of kisses with Donovan. Every night before he goes to bed I give him kisses. Along the way in the past month, we evolved into it being 4 official kisses long. He knows what's coming next, as do I and we both love it. It goes like this:

1) kiss on the lips
2) Eskimo kisses (rub noses)
3) Butterfly kisses (Eyelashes on cheeks)
4) "Regular" kiss (another kiss on the lips)

I love that Donovan enjoys our little kiss series as much as I do. He always squints his eyes when it gets to the butterfly kiss, and I always ask him "What's next?" and he tells me while smiling all big. My favorite is that the first kiss is just a kiss but the last one, which is the same thing, is called a "regular kiss" and gets the biggest smile.

I had to wait 30 years to have a secret handshake (ok kiss series) with someone, and let me tell you. It was well worth the wait.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww that's so awesome & he looked like he is glad he has a secret kiss series too!

    ReplyDelete