Thursday, December 8, 2011

Conversation with Dono from today

Donovan: "I want to hold hands with Reese"
Me: "Ok"
Donovan offers his had to Reese, she reaches out and grabs it and they lay on their tummies facing in each other on the ground, holding hands.
Donovan: (turns to me and smiles real big) "This is adorable!"

.....

Me: "Donovan, do you want to make a fort?"
Donovan: "Ok"
1 minute later
Donovan: "This is gonna be so much fun!"

.....

Dono:(setting his crackers and water cup on the ottoman instead of throwing them on the ground) "Mommy, this is a good idea."

Can you tell we are having a much better day today? Thank the Lord for new days with 2 year olds.

.....

Other things Donovan says that crack me up:
-"I don't want to put my neighborhood on" (he was referring to his hood on his jacket)
-"I love you too mommy!" when he is the first one to say it. I guess he doesn't realize "too" means you are saying something back to someone.
-"I have-a be right back" - Instead of "I'm gonna be right back"
-"Reese is a fish. Reese is a pumpkin. Reese is a grammie Q." -naming random things and saying that is what Reese is
-"I have-a say sorry" When he does something naughty, purposeful or otherwise he runs away immediately when we scold him, then he says he wants to say sorry on his own accord, and then sweetly does so. As in "I'm sorry for peeing on your pack-pack (back pack) daddy"
-"This is the biggest hammer ever seen!" There are a lot of ordinary things that are the "best" or "biggest" thing Donovan's ever seen.

One last story. The other day Donovan and I were in his bed looking at the pictures on my cell phone. One picture was of the Sydney Opera house and he pointed at the different size scallops of the opera house and was telling me all about their sizes. Donovan: "This one is sooooooo huge, and this one is sooooooo little, and this one is soooooo tiny, and this one is sooooooo medium." Man I love that kid.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite post of all time, I think. "Reese is a Grammie Q." Classic.

    ReplyDelete