Thursday, December 8, 2011

Two things I forgot

Two more little sayings/stories from Dono I want to document:

-Donovan:(Sliding down the stairs, backwards, on his belly, laughing) "How funny is that?"

-And a story that kinda breaks my heart: A couple weeks ago Donovan was playing with this helium balloon we got from my parents before Halloween. It was losing air slowly so it was low enough he could grab it. He brought it over to me and asked me to help him tie it around his waist. As I was doing it he kept saying, "Help me get up. Help me get up, mommy." So I was like, "Ok" even though I had no idea what he was talking about. When I finished tying it around his waist he straightened up, looked up in the air so proud and excited and said "Help me get up in the sky" and it was suddenly clear he was expecting that balloon to lift him into the air like the balloons did in the movie "Up" which we had seen the week prior. It broke my heart it was so sweet. I told Tom, I couldn't stand the fact that he was so happy and so excited that he was going to get to float around and it wasn't going to happen. For a few minutes I was really thinking about getting on google and seeing how fast I could get mass quantities of large balloons and helium tanks because if that is what my baby wants, that is what he gets. But really, it is kind of heart breaking to realize there are things that your child will want to do that you can't make happen for them. But instead of focusing on that, I am trying to focus on the adorableness of child innocence. God bless that kid for thinking that half dead helium balloon was going to lift him up into the sky. So sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment