Wednesday, May 23, 2012

On the mend

Yesterday was Donovan's last day of steroids and so far, so good. No major re-start of the reaction that we had feared. He is doing better every day. He still looks run down and tired in the face, and in general he has much less energy than usual but he is more spirited now and it is such a relief. We are keeping him out of school for the whole week so he can fully recover since he plays hard there. I will be happy when next Tuesday comes and he can go see his friends at school and run around.  So things are looking up!

Just for fun, here are some of the things that Donovan has said/is saying lately that makes me laugh or that I want to remember:
________

Donovan: "Mommy, the other day, I was two, I was...(fill in the blank with some thing he did or saw a little while ago. Doesn't matter if it happened last week or 9 months ago. It was the other day and he was 2.)"
________

Donovan: "Mommy, the other day, when you was at work, and I was at grammies, I was missin' you at work."
________

Donovan (hugging me): "Awwwww (patting my back), sweet mommy."
________

He also tells Tom and myself (separately) that he is our best friend. In a cute way where he really means to say we are his best friend.
________

Donovan (pooping on the potty): "Mommy, you don't have a penis?"
Me (keeping him company in the bathroom): "Nope."
Donovan: "Oh. You just have a butt?"
Me: "Uhhh....yeah."
________

Donovan: "I can't know how to do it." (Instead of I don't know how)

No comments:

Post a Comment