Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloweeny stuff 2013

On Tuesday before Halloween we carved our pumpkins.  As usual, our clean child, Donovan, wanted nothing to do with touching the yucky stuff but loved supervising daddy. Reese, our messy kid, was a great help and liked to get her hands in there and dirty. Probably why Reese and I finished our pumpkin last but it was fun and we enjoyed it.






L to R: Reese's kitty, Donovan's creepy hands and Aunt Jenna's ghost
Halloween itself was a very wet and rainy day. Luckily right about 6:30 the rain mostly stopped and allowed us to get out and get some candy without getting soaked. Daddy painted the kids faces and they loved it. Jenna manned the house while Tom, the kids and I went trick or treating with Mimi and Pawpaw. Here was the ONE picture I got of the kids as we were heading out to trick or treat. (There are plenty of other pictures of the kids in their costumes on other days that I can add later.)

The kids did the small half of our street and then were ready to call it quits. I am an abusive mother and made them go a couple extra houses and then let them go home. Here they are with their spoils all spread out.

Donovan showing his candy off in the weirdest way he knew how. 

My cute little kitty. 

My favorite part of Halloween didn't come til today. Tom and I split up with the kids to run some errands and he was with Reese. He told me on the phone that he had picked something up for Reese, and I didn't think much of it until Donovan and I pulled into the garage and this is what I saw in the open door waiting for me.


Tom said it was originally 20$ and it was on super clearance for 3$. Best 3$ ever spent. She doesn't really like to wear it much but it is so adorable on her. She is like a real life Tangled (Reese's name for Rapunzel)!

No comments:

Post a Comment