Friday, June 6, 2014

Random things

1) Reese got her first hair cut last month.These are the before pictures. I didn't even bother taking pictures of the "after" as it pretty much looks the exact same, only less scraggly.



She did really well and held perfectly still. When we were walking in I asked her how she was going to ask the lady to cut it and she said, "like a coronation girl." I guess that meant she wanted to look like Princess Anna or Elsa from the movie "Frozen". When we left I asked her if she liked her hair cut and she told me no, because she didn't make her look like a coronation girl. I told her I could try to do that for her, cause I thought all that entailed was a braid and some sort of up do, but then she told me I needed to get ribbon for her hair as well. That sounds way out of my skill set but luckily Reese has a memory of a gerbil and hasn't mentioned this again since that day.

2) Reese is super strong. She told me she can cross the monkey bars at school and I will be damned if she didn't do it! Just got up there and went all the way across like she has been doing it for years. I think she might be part monkey. Below is the pic of her on a vine on mothers day on a hike her and I almost took. My mom's dad took my sister and I on a hike when we were little and I remember him letting us swing on one of these vines and I still remember how happy it made me. So when I saw this vine, I knew what I had to do. Up you go little girl!
3) Donovan has a girlfriend. Like super serious stylie. Her name is Amelia and they met at pre-school. I first learned about her several months ago. She is adorable and blond and I love her because she LOOOOOVES Dono. Like loves, loves. She writes him love notes (see below), calls him "Donnie" (a nickname I HATE but like when she says it as it is too cute), plays well with Reese (sucking up to the future sister-in-law, I like it) and always comes over and says hi to me (sucking up to the future mother-in-law, I LOVE it). They hug goodbye some days and even give each other "kissies". Dono talks about marrying her, and when they move in together, and even has told me that he is not going to let her work on a crabbing boat like on the show "The Deadliest Catch" as it is too dangerous for her. I think they are going to be really sad when they have to say goodbye later this summer :(


4) Dono talks about himself in the third person and I love it. As in "The Dono wants to go to Culvers for dinner." and "Ohhhh, the Dono likes that." It's not all the time, but enough to be funny and not annoying.

5) The other day Lou got out into the garage as the kids and I were getting ready to leave for school/work. I loudly said, "Dammit Lou! Get back here!" To which I hear an angry response from Reese, "Dammit Lou!". I told her that was an adult bad word and that she cannot say that word. She told me very convincingly, "No, I didn't say 'dammit', I said 'JAMmit'" Sure you did sis. Sure you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment