Monday, May 18, 2009

1st day by ourselves

Tom went back to work today so today was Donovan and my first day together, just us two. Overall it went really well! We took lots of naps together, and he was awake and happy for two hours straight today, the longest to date! During that 2 hours, I was able to lay him on his activity mat in the bathroom while I took a shower, and that was all before noon! I also gave him a bath this evening right before Aunt Jenna came over to keep me company as Tom went straight from work to the baseball game tonight. She watched Donovan while I ran to get some dinner for myself. I was suprised when I came home to see him sleeping as it was time for him to eat and he has been very hungry lately and Jenna said "Notice anything different?" I looked at her and him and realized they were both in different outfits and Jenna informed me that little man had a major poop blowout that resulted in a new onsie for him and a new shirt for her. I guess that was what he needed though because after she changed him he went right to sleep.

Donovan has been getting very good at holding his head up more. He will only lay his head on my shoulder now when he is sleeping, otherwise he is pushing off my shoulder and holding his head up, looking all around. He loves to look at light- whether it be windows or our sky lights, he just cannot get enough. So far he has already been on two dates and both of those were with 7 month old girls so he likes the older ladies (they liked him too I think.)

We had a photo shoot on friday. He screamed at the beginning when we were taking pictures of all three of us, was good for only daddy and Donovan pics, Donovan only pics and then mommy and Donovan pics but screamed again when we were all together at the end so apparently he didn't want to do family shots yet. Hopefully the pictures turn out nice and we get some really good ones.

I have some recent pictures from this past week, just random ones but I have yet to download them onto the computer so as soon as I do I will post some. Until then here are some from May 9th.


Buddha belly


Looking a little concerned.


The most beautiful baby in the whole world!

No comments:

Post a Comment