Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Second Doctors visit

Today we had our two week doctor's appointment. We brought the paparazzi (aka my parents) along for the visit so we got some pictures to document the event. They were interested in seeing our pediatrician as she was the ped. for both my sister and I. This visit was equally as good as last time. This time I was really excited to see what his weight was as the baby books I read say that by 10-14 days old the baby should be back to his birth weight and I was wondering if Donovan was on track. Much to my surprise he not only met his birth weight of 8lbs 1oz he surpassed it and is 8lbs 10oz! The doctor entered our room saying "I love the weight gain" so we got major accolades for how well we have been doing with breastfeeding. That was the highlight of the trip, but everything else was good as well. So our next appointment will be in two weeks when he will be getting his second Hepatitis B shot. I think it might be worse for mommy than it will be for Donovan. Its funny though, ever since I found out he is 8lbs 10oz now, I feel like he looks so much bigger to me. It's silly but true.

Donovan showing his displeasure with being stripped down to his diaper and prodded.


Donovan showing his "devil horn" while Grampa B tries the binky to calm him.


You can't tell but Donovan is holding Grampa B's hand which is holding the binky.


Getting examined by the doctor. It's a spectator sport.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear that you are doing so well with breast-feeding Donovan! He sure is a very handsome little boy.
    Aunt Teresa

    ReplyDelete