Thursday, July 1, 2010

WBS and Lone Elk 2.0

Donovan and I took another trip to the World Bird Sanctuary and Lone Elk today to enjoy the beautiful weather. Donovan was a complete crab most of the time if I wasn't holding him. Happy Happy, joy joy. I did manage to snap some pics when he wasn't reaching and crying for me.

Notice the shirt. He wore his birding shirt to see the birds. Donovan got this shirt from his great Aunt Sandy and Uncle Ed and when we got it I remember thinking it was huge. I felt like it would be forever until he would be able to fit in it. Today I put it on him and it fit perfectly. Now I am sad. He is getting too big.

All the cool birds of prey so close and his favorite this time, the chicken coup.

Trying to pet the chickens.

The bunnies in the visitors center got Dono on his tippy toes even. He really liked them.

Checking out the birds of prey behind the visitor's center.



He tried to offer the birds some of his goldfish but they were not interested. He threw some over anyways in case they got hungry later.



During our drive through Lone Elk we saw two Elk, a turkey, lots of turtles and then a whole herd of Bison. They were right on the road so we got an extreme close up. It was very cool to be so close.


Road Hazards.


A moma and her bay-bay.

1 comment:

  1. This place looks awesome! Donovan is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete