Thursday, July 29, 2010

First official haircut

Today was the day I have been totally excited about/dreading for the past few weeks, Donovan's first official haircut. I was terrified of the scene that he was going to create. I was predicting he would be a scared, loud, nightmare. After his screaming performance last week at the doctor's office, I thought this was a forgone conclusion. Not to mention the fact that we went swimming today and he only took half the nap he usually does. However, if I said it once tonight I have said it 15 times, I am shocked at how well Donovan did!

We had our family friend Lisa do the honor of cutting Donovan's hair for the first time. She offered and I thought "Well, she's met him multiple times. She knows how wiggly that kid is." She did wonderful! It was a total dream situation. I was having nightmares about walking in and her having someone in the chair still and we would have to wait, Donovan melting down the whole time because we wouldn't be letting him run all around the place. We walked in and she was waiting for us with an empty chair! We sat right down, Donovan sat on my lap. Lisa said that 90% of kids won't let her put a drape over them but I told her to go ahead a try and turns out he is in the 10%. He didn't mind. At first when she started cutting his hair he would rub his head where she was cutting. Then after we gave him some puffs he left her alone. Twenty minutes later, we were out the door! Not a fit was had and we left with one handsome little boy.

Just starting out.


Eating puffs and feeling good!
Taming the curly poof that has been residing on the back of Donovan's head.

When she got to the hair around his ears she asked me and Tom to help hold his head steady so she didn't nick an ear. He usually hates being restrained in any sense of the word but he went Catatonic like when we did it. Maybe he was just too tired to protest. Whatever the reasoning, it made Lisa's job a lot easier!

Finished product from the back. No more curly mullet. I miss the curls, not the mullet.
Finishing up the top.

I love the finished product! He looks like a little boy now and less like a baby. Oh wait, now I am sad. (where has the time gone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment