Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hairs cuts number 2

This past monday while my parents were in town I took Donovan to get his second haircut. We went to a very kid friendly place but it didn't matter in the end. As good as he was for his first cut was as bad as he was for his second. We put him in a car to sit for the haircut and the meltdown began. Then we switched to him on my lap. The lady who cut his hair was very nice and accomodating but it is never a good sign when you are starting the haircut and the lady that deals with kids everyday says "If we get the haircut done, we wash all kids hair afterwards for free." IF? If you get the hair cut done? Not a good start. We eventually did get through the trauma of the haircut and Donovan looks so handsome and grown-up to me. We did pull out all the stops including: Elmo video, puffs to eat, bus toy, bubbles, looking at "Dono" pictures (pictures my dad had just taken on Donovan on the display of his camera), and finally a sucker. I don't know when we will have to cut his hair again but hopefully next time he will have some pitty on us and give us a little break.

Starting out, shaggy and mad. He refused to wear a smock of course.


"Oooooooooo, bubbles."
"Why won't she leave me alone?"

I was shocked how much hair he had to cut off. It was covering us both by the end of the experience.

Satisfied, for the time being, with a sucker.

Looking pretty sharp.

"Why aren't we done yet?"

Done with the haircut and exhausted. Notice my hair is crazy. I had several sticky areas in my hair where the sucker had been held against me in the fit. Lovely.

1 comment: