Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My little "Arteeest"

Recently I thought it would be fun to try out some different kinds of art with Donovan. We started with baby steps.... and crayons. Turns out Donovan likes eating them much more than he likes coloring with them. It is like a compulsion for him, he can't not take a bite out of the end of a crayon no matter how hard he tries. So we moved on to markers. The first night I let him try them was right after he had soaked his onsie from my water cup so I stripped him down and let him scribble. Here is the end product.

Nothing to see here...

Oh wait, there it is! I see art! On a belly?

All this drawing makes a boy hungry for a snack!


As you can see there is no paper in this picture, only a colored pot belly of one Mr. Donovan Q. Turns out your own fingers and belly are way more fun to color on than some stupid ol' paper. Don't worry the markers were non-toxic and washable. So after we completed a few pieces of art we put away the crayons and markers. To be tried again with a more interested, older Donovan.

No comments:

Post a Comment