Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ring pop

I have a couple cute photos of my man to post tonight but first I want to apologize for the lack of posts. You see, the nausea, progressively gets worse over the day so by the time night rolls around I am not feeling up to doing much more than laying on the couch or going to bed early. And usually when I blog, I do it after Donovan goes to bed. So therefore I have not blogged as much as I would like to. The nausea is getting better these past few days. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come. I did have a doctor's appointment today, which was pretty boring. I got the results of my routine prenatal blood work and it was good but that was about it. Donovan made me laugh though because I gave him his breakfast bar that he eats every morning for breakfast while I was in my appointment because I thought that would keep him quiet. Well it did and worked like a champ but the Midwife that I see must have some weird effect on him. Last visit with her he fell asleep in my lap listening to her. This time he ate his breakfast bar hunched over in my lap, head down like he was protecting it from her. He was scrunched in half, acting like such a weirdo. It made me laugh. I kept trying to straighten him out but he wouldn't have any of it. Then after a few minutes of talking, the midwife asked me if I wanted a kleenex for him for cleanup. So I thought, "Oh no he made a mess". But no, she was just worried because he had apparently shoved about 5 bites worth of breakfast bar in his mouth at once and he was chewing and could not even close his lips. I promised her that he loves those bars so much that he wouldn't spit it out and would find a way to eat it all and he didn't disappoint. What a silly silly.

Another funny thing he did that made me laugh today was at lunch he would take his turkey and put it in his mouth so most of it was hanging out and then he would close his eyes and shake his head back and forth like a great white shark. Of course when I got the video out he stopped immediately and insisted I show him "Dono".

Ok so on to the cute pictures. Grammie Q had given Donovan a ring pop a little while ago and he liked it so on Tues when we went to the grocery store and he was being a pill I decided to get him one so that I could do some banking in peace after I checked out. After I gave it to him I didn't hear a peep so it is our go to for when we need a quiet child, but definitely not a clean child. Here are some pictures of him in the car after we got home. He let me unload the car, let the dog out, put the cold groceries away all while still hanging in the car seat, eating the ring pop. I love how blue his eyes look in the pictures. And about all 4 of the pictures, I can never decide which one I like the best, so that's why I just post them all.




1 comment:

  1. Wow I see him weekly, but every time I see a new picture of him I think it's the cutest one ever. What a doll baby. Those eyes are to die for!!

    ReplyDelete