Wednesday, May 4, 2011

39 weeks

Pictures of me from today.



Today I am 39 weeks preggers and I had my routine OB appointment. I have been contracting a little more the past few days but I didn't expect to hear any crazy news today. The good news is I haven't gained any weight since last week (when I was up 4 lbs) and the even better news is I am 3 cm Dilated!!!!! Who knew? I was shocked when the doctor told me that. I even told her she was lying I was so surprised. So the stats from today are 3/50/-2 for those of you who know what that means. All good news and all signs point to a shorter labor, when I finally do get into labor. I very well may still have to be induced at 41 weeks, but at least I would be starting that induction at 3cm and not 1 and thick. It is usually a much easier road the further along you start. This also means that those random contractions are actually doing something, other than making me go pee every 20 minutes so thank you random contractions. The Dr did say that at my 40 week appointment we will do the same testing we did last pregnancy (the fluid level and putting baby on the monitor). This is just to make sure baby is still happy in there. Donovan famously flunked and that is how he got his induction/eviction so we will see if this baby follows in his/her big brother's footsteps. It's getting close... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment