Wednesday, August 17, 2011

3 month pics and info

So sorry, so late. Life gets in the way of blogging sometimes. Reese, please don't take this as us not loving you as much as Donovan, we are just a little busier with two of you tykes to look after and with mommy and daddy trying to get other stuff done in their lives. We did manage to get the pictures of the 3 month birthday on the correct date, just not the post obviously.
Straight leg Reese.

Monkey Reese.


The latest on Reese:
Her reflux seems to be doing just fine with the meds she has been on for the past month plus. She is also taking the bottle much better. As best I understand (as I have boobs and therefore do not give her a bottle) she latches right on nowadays, but once she unlatches, it is hard to get her to take more. She usually drinks about 2-3 ounces from her bottles per feeding. Which is only about half of what she gets from me most times I think, judging by what I get when I pump.

She is still over all a very happy baby and the same happy, eat, happy, sleep routine applies now as it did last month. She is still talking a lot and as of July 25th, is giggling. Donovan gets her to laugh the best, which is funny in itself because he is never trying to. Him talking with his hands or slamming a wiffle ball bat on a foam mat is enough to get her belly laughing sometimes. She doesn't do it everyday, but when she does it is the highlight. Reese thinks Donovan is the best. She loves to watch him and I love that she thinks he is so great. Her face lights up anytime he is around. Unless he is headbutting her on accident. Then her face does something the opposite of that.

A week or so ago I tried putting Reese in the jumperoo, since she loves standing so much (see following picture) and she loves it! She doesn't really jump yet but she is able to hold her own in there. She has great neck and core control so no more bobble head baby. Her strength surprises me. Just today (ok, so technically should go under the accomplishments during the 4th month) she rolled from her back to her front. All except for one shoulder, which made her very mad. She did it a couple times but never got that shoulder to cooperate. When I put her down on her back she often rolls to one side a lays there, chewing on her hands. She still loves those hands. She also still loves to be swaddled and put in the swing. As far as driving goes, still doesn't like when you are going slow and the bumpier the road the better.

The one thing I would love some improvement on with Reese is her sleeping. I just re-read my 2 month post and I got a little depressed. I think with me going back to sleep it messes with her schedule, since she doesn't eat as much when I am not here. So her sleeping hasn't improved at all, almost the contrary. She still gets up once to twice a night and she likes to stay up late, til 10 or 11 most nights. So I am way sleepier that I thought I would be at this point. She does often sleep at the same time Donovan does so that is nice but I usually use that time to get things done versus take a nap myself, which is what I would really love to do. Oh well. What is a baby without a little sleep deprivation? Ok well, little miss is cranking up for a feeding. Gotta run.


No comments:

Post a Comment