Sunday, August 21, 2011

Suson Park

This has been such a fun weekend! Tom and I did something we have never done since either of the kids were born, gone on two dates on two consecutive nights, and it was awesome! Friday, Tom's parents watched the kids while Tom and myself went to the Melting Pot with some of my favorite friends to celebrate my 30th birthday. We had such a great time, we shut that place down and then went to the next door bar for more drinks. Judging by the way I felt the next day, I apparently thought that 30 was the new 21. Then last night we went to a dinner with three other couples that happen to be our neighbors, and fellow Valley Park Country Club (VPCC) founding members. It was our first VPCC founders dinner which we are going to try to do monthly. It was great too! (Yes, we started a fake country club and yes, we have t-shirts and washer boxes embellished with VPCC on them. It's kind of a long story.) So today, since I behaved myself last night and therefore felt better, I thought we should do something fun with the kids. We woke up too late to try to tackle the Zoo in this heat, so we decided to go to Suson Park, which I had taken Dono to last summer. Tom hadn't been in a long time and it was Reese's first time so it was kind of a big deal. Donovan loved all the animals. We even had to do two laps to see everything twice. Then he played with daddy at the playground while I fed Reese in the car and when we were going to leave he wanted to see the animals again! It was so hot so we told him we could save it for another time.

We got there in time to see the end of the cow milking demonstration. Donovan thought that was pretty cool. I am glad he did not try to make any comparisons to me pumping for Reese and the cow getting milked...

This fat lady in the background was the highlight! She was laying in the mud, splashing in the mud, shaking the mud off, possibly eating the mud, and then doing laps to walk off her mud calories. Donovan loved her. There was another pig across from this one that didn't have any mud to roll in (tear for the pig) so Donovan referred to that one as "clean pig" and the other one as "muddy pig". "Come mere clean piggy!"

Donovan the farmer.

About halfway through our visit Reese decided to wake up and join in on the action. Her favorite part was anything that did not involve being in the direct sunlight. Also, eating was a highlight.

"Oh, you want my signature pose?"

Reese posing in front of the mini pony.

All in all a succuessful trip. I will have to take Donovan back a time or two before they close for the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment