Sunday, September 9, 2012

Camera happy

So....I went a little camera happy today, but I justify it with the fact that I haven't taken near as many pictures as I should be lately. Hence the 78 pictures for this post.

This past week was a little strange. Tom had to go out of town for work so he was gone Tues, Wed and Thurs. Dono took his absence rough. He cried both Tues and Wed nights for at least an hour for Tom before bed. Then both nights he had accidents while he was sleeping, which he has not done in over a month, and even then, it was once. Weird. He was so pumped on Thurs when he was getting ready for bed and I told him Tom was flying home at that very time. We even got on "flight aware" and watched exactly where his plane was (which then led us to looking at 500 plane pictures on the Internet). He was so happy when he saw Tom on Friday morning. It was adorable.

Then on Saturday morning Tom brought the kids in to our room so he could get ready around 8:30 and woke me up telling me he was taking them to the Dr's for a throat swab for Donovan as he was complaining of a sore throat when he woke up that morning. Sure enough, kid has Strep Throat. The dr tested Reese after Dono's results came back, and her results were negative, but he said her throat looked just like Dono's so he treated her anyways (and then later on the computer her results came back positive, so I think she has it too for sure). So our Saturday plans got changed as we quarantined ourselves in the house (on such a beautiful day too) as to not infect anyone else. It was such a shame too because we had fun things planned and it was so gorgeous out, and then to top it all off, the kids were acting perfectly fine and normal! I guess I would prefer that too pathetic feeling kids though. But still, it was hard. Today we laid low as daddy was not feeling his best. So when mommy feels good, and is feeling a little stir crazy, she takes pictures! Here are some from today.

Kids enjoying the cool morning air in their jammies.


And then in the midst of our lovely family morning time, Dono decided to moon us. No denying he is a boy.
This is what she looks like when she tells you what an Owl says. Or an "wowl" as Reese calls them.
The fall weather makes me happy because I have some sassy outfits for little missy to wear and I can't wait to start putting her in them. So I didn't today and she sure looked like a little fashionista while playing in our basement. All dressed up and no where to go.

She added the necklace herself. Please be sure to focus on the boots especially.
Then Dono decided he wanted to test out his funny faces for me.

Guess what? Dono can roll his tongue too! He practiced and practiced and finally figured it out a week or so ago.  You can see it a little bit in this funny face.


And last but not least this was his big hat that he wanted to show us. I promise he is under there somewhere.

In other news: Missy now has 8 teeth! The newest 4 are sure taking their sweet time coming in too. They poked through and that is about it. No plans to move all the way in in a hurry or anything. I guess it really doesn't matter as she has gone this long with only her 4 beaver teeth, and she is doing just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment