Sunday, September 23, 2012

More weekend fun

This past week the weather has been awesome. The kids got to go to our local favorite play ground three times during the week (one with Grammie and two with us). We are trying to soak up all the nice weather while we can and it feels so good to finally not feel like we are jailed in our house due to heat. So to continue our fun weekend, we went to Purina Animal Farm today. It was Reese's first trip, as the last time we went (and Dono's one and only trip) I was 39.5 weeks pregnant with her.

We started off the day with Reese performing her favorite chore of feeding Petey. She LOVES filling his bowl with food, in fact sometimes, she overflows it. I like how she looks like she was caught in the act here.
 
Then Donovan tested out his photography skills. This one is a still life. Pretty good for a 3 yr old I would say.
 
Then we had a lovely breakfast of chocolate chip muffins which Reese choose to smear on her face instead of eating. This is her "cheese" face.

 
Then we headed to the animal farms where Donovan picked up where he left off 16 plus months ago...hugging the bunnies.
 
Where as Reese, well...she preferred just to look. And clap appreciatively.  I blame myself. You see, last week when we went to the bird sanctuary I let her walk up to a chicken in a cage, and immediately poke her finger in there, only to have it savagely bitten by that ba&*#rd chicken. It all happened in the blink of an eye, and I felt horrible because I saw it developing but I thought that maybe the chicken would a) not try to bite her or b) would miss her finger and peck the cage. Well I'll be damned at that chicken's speed and accuracy.  She screamed like the dickens and part of me expected to see her finger laying on the bottom of the cage, but alas, she just had a tiny bite mark on her middle finger. She recovered quickly, but apparently the emotional scar is still there as now she is majorly gun shy with petting or getting close to the animals.  She did pet the bunny, but it was just a quick poke or two. She left the hugging to her big brother.
 
Daddy even got in on the petting this time.

 
Reese was a very big fan of the horses.

 
Ok I lied. She didn't like looking at the horses so much as she liked looking at the horse poop. She was a big fan. She would point at it and tell me "Dare's (There's) poo poo! Dare's poo poo!" My parents will tell you the apple does not fall far from the tree as that was apparently my favorite thing about seeing the animals at the state fair when I was a little girl.
 
I don't have as many pictures of Donovan as I do Reese as he was a wild man and was running through all the tunnels and exploring. Reese wanted nothing to do with the tunnels.
 
Daddy even tried to help her but she thought she would sit that one out.
 
The kids loved the dog show. At one point I looked over at Reese and she was clapping to the music (like everyone else was) while watching the dogs do their thing. Last time we were there, Donovan did not like the dogs jumping in the pool. This time, he thought it was pretty cool. 
 
This was inside the building. Not really that exciting but I thought it was a cute one of Reese.
 
We ended the day with a lovely wagon ride with only one other family. Reese decided she wanted to get off towards the end of the ride while the wagon was still going so she and I got to wrestle for a little bit. She lost but in her valiant effort, she threw her snack trap overboard in protest. Life with these two is never dull.
 
Weekends like these are what makes working so hard during the week worth it. We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment