Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekly update

Ok so turns out blogging when you have a new position at your job and said position is a lot more stressful that your old one was, your blog suffers. But I will do my darnedest to keep up with this thing as sometimes it is the only way I can remember what I did the week before.

This week Grammie and Pawpaw were out of town, so Grandma and Grandpa got to watch the bambinos.  Saint Linda usually tackles both kids by herself, but for the rest of us mere mortals, we need a 1:1 ratio for those crazies. So grandma switched her work days so on the days that they had both kids, she could be there to help out grandpa. Some of my favorite notes from the grandparents this week included: "Wed. 9/26. Breakfast at Denny's-Dono ate great! Reese-not so much.", "Reese has ketchup hair." and last but not least, when texting my mom about their (fun) day at the zoo her last text was, "Except I need to go back to work to rest."

Wed was raining so they took the kids to breakfast, then took Dono for a much needed haircut in the afternoon followed by lunch. Friday they took the kids to the zoo for along fun, filled morning. The rode the train, saw the sea lions, saw the hippos and elephants, penguins and even both came home with souvenirs! Those are some lucky grand kids! Here are some pictures from the two grandma/grandpa days.



 This slide was Dono's favorite part of the zoo from what he told me.



The hippo's were Reese's favorite part of the zoo. They were apparently swimming and playing together under water and Reese could have stayed there and watched them all day according to the grandparents.


This elephant was playing in and under the water. Dono told me all about it.

 
This is the sea lion area, which Donovan told me he did not go to. He lied.

 
Scamming the grandparents for toys.

Then Friday night my cousin Laura, who has been a best friend since as long as I can remember, came in for a short night stay on her way to watch her nephew for a wedding. We stayed up late talking and got to visit the next day until around 12:30 when he had to go to the wedding. It was lovely! 

Saturday Tom was busy with his brothers bachelor party so Jenna, Laura, the kids and I went over to my parents to hang out. After Laura left and the kids took naps, we went to this free day at the local indoor pool/play place. Dono and Reese loved it!!!!!! (picture of the excited kids in the locker room)

Dono was in the pool, up the playset and down the water slide in about 30 seconds flat. I estimate he went down the slide a minimum of 50 times. He was wonderful. We barely had to watch him, which was perfect because it took both myself and Jenna to watch Reese. That little daredevil wanted to go down the big slide too. But one of us had to help her up the play place to make sure she didn't slip or fall down the slide. The other had to be at the bottom to catch her. I estimate she went down that slide at least 30 times. She could not get enough. We eventually had to drag her out kicking and screaming, "MO Poooooo!!!! MO poooooo!!!! MO pooooooooo!!" (more pool) after her lips turned purple and she started to shake. My parents just came to watch for a little bit, however my sister and I decided that we need 3 adults to the 2 kids so we could switch out for breaks and in case of emergencies (like toddler's that have to poop, which happened).

Today was a play at home with nothing on the schedule day. We went shopping, got Donovan a bunch of new (and gently used) winter clothes and did some chores. Nothing crazy but a good wind down to the start of the week.

1 comment: