Sunday, November 11, 2012

Our little scammer

Donovan is super into little cars right now, like Hot Wheels or Matchbox cars. Both sides of his grandparents have cars at their houses that he can play with when he goes to their house. Well recently, Donovan has been taking home cars from the grandparents houses to play with here.

The first time, was about a month ago, and he brought home a couple cars from Grammie Q's house to "borrow" for a little bit. And borrow he did. He returned them without a fight the next time he saw her. I think it was a pretty slippery slope from there as this past week Grammie asked us to send some cars over with Donovan on Friday when he came as she doesn't have any at her house anymore.

A couple weeks ago when Donovan was at my parents, he wanted to bring 5 cars home with him. My mom agreed, but only if he agreed to send her home with 5 of his cars so that she would still have some. My mom was pretty pleasantly surprised when he gladly put 5 cars in the bag and sent them home with her that night when they dropped Donovan off. I was feeling pretty proud of my little man too I must admit.

Well today, when Donovan was getting ready to go to my parents, he told me that there was a bus and a red truck of Grammie Q's that she was missing, and he needed to see if it was at Grandma's. Sounded like a good idea to me.  So as soon as we got there I mention it to my mom, and she has no idea what bus or truck we are talking about. As soon as we go downstairs to play, Donovan finds both...in the bag of 5 cars that he sent home with my mom. Then I look at the rest of the cars and NONE of them are actually ours! They were all Grammie Q's! No wonder that kid was so easy to convince to give 5 of his cars away. They weren't actually his cars. He traded cars that weren't ever supposed to stay at his house in the first place. He scammed us!  The bad news for him though, is that now we are on to his scheme. Gotta love a three year old mind though. He's a smart one.

No comments:

Post a Comment