Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Holiday Run down- part 3

So Tom, the lucky duck, gets a full week plus off of work every year around the holidays. I shouldn't complain, I got two four day weekends in a row myself but I was missing my family on Wed when I had to go back to work and they got to stay home and play. I asked for a picture of the kids from Tom on Wed and this was what he sent. No idea if there is a story behind it.

Tom was so pumped for Thursday, which was going to be his stay at home day all by himself. Dono got to have a super special spend the night with Grammie Q on Wed (that he has wanted for the past 6 months) and he spent the day on Thursday doing fun things like playing, having a lunch date at McDonald's, and swimming at a local pool for 2 hours. Reese was gonna go to her baby sitters like she usually does except on Wed night when we put her down she threw up her milk right away. Tom was really hoping it was a fluke and even said so, stating that she was perfectly happy acting and was telling him all about how she "spilled her milk" ( "I spill it. I spill it.") But alas, 30 minutes later when she did it again (was still happy and telling us how she just spilled the milk) we knew that she needed to stay home on Thursday and Tom was not going to get his special alone day. Poor Tom and Reese. The rest of the day on Thursday Reese didn't throw up, but just wasn't back to 100%, even taking a 3.5 hour nap. So Tom brought her to go pick Dono up at Grammie Q's and as he goes to get Reese out of the car, barf all over the car seat and herself. Which is how she got the stellar outfit she was wearing below. Her brother's 3T shirt and some 24 month pants Grammie Q had at her house.


Pic of my sick but happy girl from Thursday.

The good news that the car seat debacle was the last of the throw up for Reese, the bad news was that the next 3 days were full of diarrhea and at least 20 diaper changes per day for her, including multiple ones over night. So she got multiple baths and in one, I debuted shaving cream painting for her. She loves art so I knew she would love this, and she did!



Sunday both kids got in on the fun and decided that painting each others hair was more fun than painting the wall.







So needless to say, with all the sicknesses (oh yeah, both kids now have a cough and Tom has gotten the stomach bug) we spent most of the holidays and the holiday break quarantined in our own house.  The poor kids have been really feeling it and you can tell they are stir crazy. Especially since Reese spent much of Sat, Sun and Monday just walking around and throwing random fits.

Then finally, on yesterday we got enough snow that we went outside and played. I wanted to take Donovan sledding at a local big hill, however he was limping a little, saying he hurt his ankle to I decided to keep it local and just play in the yard.

Tom and I laughed that Reese looked like Ralphie's brother in "A Christmas Story". She was able to walk though.



I had this great idea to try sledding in the small hill between our neighbor's house and ours. Dono and Reese went together twice, and then Donovan helped me push Reese a third time and then he declared he was done and wanted to go inside. I was super happy I did not drive him to that big hill I initially wanted to go to.

Reese went sledding by herself twice and loved it. She is my daredevil. 

Dono heading in.

So now you know the story of our 2012 holiday's and holiday break. Could have been better, but could have been a lot worse. Overall, we count ourselves blessed. If all we have to complain about is a few germs, we are lucky. Happy 2013 to all and here is to a wonderful, happy, healthy and safe year. May this year be even better than the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment