Monday, February 11, 2013

Deep thoughts by Donovan Q

"Mom, there is a muffin in my butt. (laughing). There is a muffin because I am tooting and it's not making any sounds."
__________________

I left work around 1 today (I'm sick) and picked up Donovan from school so we could take our naps together. We were the only ones home when he followed me into the bathroom (which I was using) and shut the door behind him, telling me, "Mom, I'm shutting the door for you so you can have some privacy."  Hmmm, nice in theory Donovan.

__________________

In other news Donovan has been making a big point of sweetly asking both Tom and myself separately if we had a good day at work. Love it. 

__________________

In other, other news, Reese has a new way to say her favorite animal. It has been the hippopotamus for a while now, and we referred to it as a "hippo", However as of Saturday she calls it a "Hippo-thomas". So clear that at first I thought she was calling the hippo "thomas", but then I realized she was trying to say the proper name. I have made her say it about 36 times so far. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment