Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snowpocalypse!

Today we got a big snow/ice/sleet storm that effectively shut the city down. Tom and I both went to work this morning before all the precipitation started, and we both left early (Tom around 10, me around 12) when we were able. Donovan even got his first snow day! His school announced they would not be open today at about 9:30 last night. Luckily, my dad was going to watch Reese anyways so Donovan tagged along there and my dad got a bonus kid to watch.  The drives home from work (for me) and from my parents (for Tom) was not the most fun but we got home safely where we got to enjoy the snow with the kids later. Both of them were troopers outside while Tom and I shoveled. They both asked several times to make a snow man and patiently waited when I told them not yet. Reese even got out her little push cars and rode them down the driveway until the snow plow pile of snow at the end of the driveway stopped her. Then I pulled them up and down the sidewalk on the sled and they loved that. Donovan was a good helper with the shoveling of the  snow. Although he didn't quite get the the idea that we only had to clear the driveway and not the grass as well. We did make that snowman that they asked for, which Donovan also got a kick out of destroying.





This was about the extent of Reese's shoveling help.


After we had been outside for about 30 minutes, Donovan requested we go inside to have some hot chocolate to warm up. Sounded like a great idea to me.  So we did!


I love the chocolate mustache.

No comments:

Post a Comment