Saturday, June 30, 2012

Roller Poster

In a couple weeks we are going on our first vacation since Donovan was 10 months old.  We are going to Branson, and Silver Dollar City is going to be the main attraction. Once I figured out Donovan was 36 inches and therefore tall enough for some roller coasters I told him as much. He has been so excited ever since. We are going with our friends Kris, Lynn and Penelope so any time I tell him we are hanging out with Penelope he thinks we are going to go to the "roller posters".  Also, any time we do something out of the ordinary, he asks if we are going to go to the roller posters then.  It is so dang cute but the poor guy's complete lack of time refrence was killing me so I helped him make a vacation countdown chain.  Every morning when he wakes up, we rip a link off until we have no links left! Then, it's ROLLER POSTER TIME!  


In other news, we went to our friends house today for a swimming birthday party and Donovan had a swimming break through! At the beginning of the day he was very adamant that I not ever let him go, and hold both of his hands at all times. By the end of the day he was swimming all over the pool all by himself, and even jumping in and going underwater a little bit! He was so proud, telling random people, "Hey, look at me! I'm swimming all by my self!". He was wearing his water wings (puddle jumpers) so he isn't swimming without assistance, but still! Such a big breakthrough in just a couple hours. He loved it so much we called our friends Kris and Lynn and invited ourselves to their subdivision pool tomorrow so he could swim again (he woke up crying from his nap, saying he wanted to go back to the pool).

Reese also had an awesome time at the pool, but that healthy fear of the water that her brother has, has not settled at all on her yet. She is a water baby through and through but after 20 minutes in her floaty, she wanted to swim by herself. And I really mean by herself. She didn't want any floatation devices or any parents helping her. I can't wait til she gets that water fear at least a little bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment