Sunday, October 7, 2012

So much for a fun weekend

So we had a really fun weekend planned...and then 5:30am Saturday morning hit and the stomach bug swept through our house. Luckily, it staggered when it hit Tom and I. I started early, and Tom was able to take care of the kids and clean up after them until I was able to get out of bed at 4pm, at which time I was able to help a little. Then at 7pm Tom started his downward spiral, and I was feeling much better, as was Dono and Reese, and was able to handle them myself so Tom could retreat to our bedroom. Luckily, today at least 3/4 of us felt much, much better and did not get sick at all (sorry Tom).  We are still not up to normal but a vast improvement from yesterday. So, no fun wedding, no pumpkin patch, and no friend birthday party at the bounce house. What I did get, was some great snuggle and play time with Donovan though. I feel like I don't get that much as Reese is all over me when she is awake. So after she went to bed tonight, it was just me and Dono, playing on my bed. Playing with cars, pretending to be frogs (and talking about tadpoles. BTW, he chose the name "Maya" for himself as a frog), making numbers with cars, having tickle fights, and just generally playing. It was wonderful. And worth all the sickness, just for those memories with my little man. He told me he was gonna marry me. Doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment