Sunday, June 7, 2009

More exciting times

Two great things to report:

1. Guess what is 6 hours? The amount of time Donovan went between feedings last night!!! And the best part was that it was from 11:30pm-5:30am and he ate from 11:30-12am and went to sleep directly after that, which means that we got...drum roll please...5 and a half hours of uninterrupted sleep! This is the longest stretch of sleep I have had since a few months before he was born, before my nighttime potty trips got out of hand. Isn't my son the sweetest? I was so proud and happy, not to mention shocked, when I looked at my watch when he woke me this morning and realized that it was 5:30. For the last several days he had been stretching out his first night-time feeding from 4 hours, to 4 hours and 15 min, to 4 and a half hours and then finally 4 hours and 45 min 2 days ago, however with each of these, he was not asleep the whole time between feedings, which is why last night was extra special exciting. I hope it happens again (like every night please Mr Donovan.) Too bad he doesn't read this blog ;)

2. And the second exciting thing is that Tom got his first official Donovan smile tonight! My girlfriend Michelle and I had a girls night tonight (dinner and RENT at the Fox, which was awesome by the way) so Tommy was on baby patrol. He said that he was getting Donovan ready for a bath and had to leave the room to get some wipes, and when he came back into the room Donovan was looking at him, and tracked him until he was next to him and then gave him a big happy smile. It was especially appreciated by Tom as Donovan was Captain Crabby Pants the whole night up until that point so it made everything worth it. It was pretty funny, at the intermission of the show I texted Tom to see how Donovan was doing and the exact text response I got was "Cry cry eat, cry cry bath, cry cry nap? We'll see how long it lasts" So needless to say Tom was very thankful that Donovan gave him such a sweet moment.

Here are some pictures I took today. I love how he stretches out when he sleeps so I had to take a picture because it is just too cute. Then I tried really hard to get a picture of him smiling because everyone should be able to see his big gummy grins but I couldn't get the perfect shot. I did get some cute ones though but the quest to document the big smile continues! Enjoy :)





2 comments:

  1. I had tears in my eyes.........way to go Donovan! Keep up the good sleeping...
    He is sooo cute and now that he is smiling he is soooooooooooo cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrr!
    Love you guys grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. the kid looks just like his daddy! little weird giving birth to your husband, isn't it (at least that's what i thought when palmer was born)?

    ReplyDelete