Friday, April 10, 2009

Benefits of being a twosome

So just when I am getting down about not having a baby to hold yet God decides to let me know that he's got it all under control. Today I had a very productive day, did 3 loads of laundry (including one of only baby things), put said laundry away (my least favorite part), finished all my thank you notes, cleaned up a little around the house and took a nice nap. All of these things would have been much more difficult with a new born. Then the highlight of the day came when Tom and I decided to go to dinner. We headed to Joe's Crab shack for some non meat dinner only to find it was closed! So our back up was Red Lobster and judging from the parking lot we knew it was going to be a long wait. Tom dropped me off and as I walked into the doors I saw that the entire place was packed. As I passed this guy waiting I thought he told me the wait was going to be 45 min, so I asked if that was true and he said "Oh I bet its more like 2 hours now". I decided to tempt fate anyway and see what the hostess had to say. The family in front of me was a family of 6 and needed a highchair for the baby and were told it would be an hour and a half. Yikes! By the time I got to the hostesses Tom caught up with me and she told me for a table of 2 the wait would be 25 minutes. Score! So they gave us a pager and as we were walking to the bar to wait she says "Or we have a table right now, are you ready?". Jackpot! I only felt a twinge of guilt as we weaved our way though everyone but I got over it quickly. Only after we were sitting did I realize that this was all due to the fact that we are only a twosome and not a family of 3 or 4 yet. So God says "You are disappointed you didn't make any change yesterday? Well hows about I take care of you for dinner tomorrow and let you enjoy your dinner with plenty of time to get home and watch the blues game?" Deal. So I realize that it is only going to be the two of us for a short time now and we should enjoy this time that we have together until the baby arrives. God is so smart.

1 comment:

  1. Yes he is and we only have to listen once in awhile!! Very astute

    ReplyDelete