Saturday, April 25, 2009

Day 3 and random pictures

We have been home with Donovan for almost a full day now and so far so good. I thought I would be more freaked out than I was about going to sleep with him not being constantly watched by a nurse in the nursery but I think I did pretty good. That is if you conside sleeping with the light and my glasses on so I could open my eyes and see him at all times. Overall he probably let me get about 4 hours of sleep. I have already made my request for a nap or two today so we will see how that goes.
So far feeding is also going really well. My milk is on it's way in and he has really gotten the hang of everything. The only thing now is that he thinks he needs to eat every 2 hours instead of the 3 hour schedule we were on at the hospital. So my new goal is to get back to the 3 hour feeding times.
I always thought that your household became louder when you welcomed a baby home but for us it has been the exact opposite. Tom and I are people that like to have the tv on constantly, if for nothing else it serves as background noise. But ever since Donovan has been here, the only time we have turned the tv on is for the cardinals game. Donovan has brought the art of conversation back into our lives. He is just so entertaining and perfect, all you want to do is stare at him and talk about him. We are constantly entertained by everthing he does as well. He likes to make funny faces and stick out his tongue, and he is a very sneezy (always two in a row for him), burpy and tooty kid so he is constantly giving us something to giggle at. Last night while I was burping him in the middle of a feed he sneezed and milk came out of his nose. Tom and I got a big kick out of that.
Tom has been doing a good job adjusting to fatherhood as well. They like to snuggle chest to chest (as seen in the last photo) and for a someone that had never changed a diaper until yesterday, Tom is doing well in that department. Donovan has managed to poop on two onsies as dad has been changing him but dad will learn, you gotta be quick.
Below are some pictures from the hospital and one of us at home. The hospital stay was short and sweet and we were lucky to have lots of friends and family come visit us. Many of them came bearing gifts, including St Louis Cardinals gear. As you can see in the pictures, Donovan couldn't wait to try on his new hat (he got 2 already) even though he has some time before it fits him. And Tom is plenty proud of Donovan as the Cardinals record since the 22nd has been 3-0, which he attributes to Donovan's good luck.


Our postpartum room decorated by the L&D ladies I am sure


Probably my favorite picture of Donovan to date. He is so alert in it.


Winking because he knows he is the cardinals lucky charm.


Another cute one of him in his new STL hat.


Father and son "watching" the cardinals game. Ok so Daddy watched in and son slept through it but he was rooting them on in his dreams we could tell.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the pictures and commentary, keep them coming! He is super-cute in the Cardinal gear. Love,G-ma and G-pa Berry

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is precious!!! Does he look anything like Tom when he was baby? Does Petey like the new addition? Nice job Ellen!!!

    ReplyDelete