Thursday, April 2, 2009

We are term!

Yeay for us, we made it! We are 37 weeks along exactly today which means our baby is officially full term. I had a doctors appointment today and things are going really well. Blood pressure is still good, still gaining appropriate weight (2 lbs in one week, yikes!), and baby is growing nicely. The best news is that from last week to this one I have dilated one cm. Only 9 more to go and then a baby can fit out! I am still contracting but I have been since 28wks so I am not getting to excited about going into labor soon.

I am starting to understand why the third trimester gets a bad rap from women. Lately I have been getting horrible heartburn at night, which makes it uncomfortable to lay down. Worse than that I have been having "crazy legs" as I like to call them, which means that I have to constantly move my legs when I am laying down trying to sleep becuase they never feel comfortable. Then add going to the bathroom at least every 2 hours and needless to say I have not been getting good sleep. Tom thinks the constant waking up for potty breaks are God's way of making me practice getting up so often for breast feeding after the baby arrives. I just think its annoying. I don't want to practice, I just want one last good night's sleep.

I am currently charging up the batteries for our camera and video camera so have no fear, when baby Q decides to enter this world, the paparazzi will be there. Don't worry, they will be edited for the public before they are posted. This ain't no national geographic show.

Only 3 weeks left!

No comments:

Post a Comment