Monday, April 27, 2009

First Doctors visit

We had our first visit to the doctors office today. Donovan passed with flying colors. He measured in at 21 and a quarter inches, head circumfrence of 14 and a quarter inches and weight of 7lbs 12.5 oz. The doctor was especially happy with his weight, as he left the hospital at 7lbs 12oz and babies usually continue to lose weight for the first week or so. So that means he is getting enough milk and is growing wonderfully. She said we are doing a "great job" with him and are learning all his cues. He has a little jaundice, but nothing abnormal so she expects it to go away very soon. Our next visit will be in one week, and then in one month and at 2 months. Hopefully we get this great of news everytime. Tom was especially excited because she commented that his fingers are so long, which apparently means he is going to be a guitar (dad's vote) or piano (my vote) player. But right now I would just settle for a baby that waits more than 1 hour between most feedings. As I type this he is sleeping on my lap and he has been asleep for almost 5 hours now, ever since the doctors visit. I think we should take him to the doctor's everyday if he is going to sleep like this, preferably at about 9 or 10 pm. Off to wake him for his feeding (I can't believe I just wrote that).

No comments:

Post a Comment